SERVANTS' MINISTRY, Inc.
to our Web Site
????Is JESUS Really GOD????
IS JESUS GOD?
Chapter 11 What People Say
God cannot die. Jesus died; so Jesus is not God.
TRUE! God CANNOT die! But, it was NOT the God, Jesus who died. It was the Man, Jesus who died. Because God cannot die, Jesus had to become a Man so that He could die on the cross to atone for our sins (Luke 2:30-31; Gal. 4:4-5; Eph. 1:3-12; 1:17-22; 2:4-10; Col. 1:19-20; 1 Peter 1:20; Rev. 13:8).
The doctrine of the two natures of Jesus is what many people have trouble with. Jesus was/is God. Jesus was/is Man. Jesus is BOTH God and Man at the same time. He is 100 % God and 100% Man at the same time. But, Jesus is just one Person. The Bible clearly illustrates the two natures of Jesus.
Jesus as God
- Jesus as God is worshipped (Mt.2:2,11; Mt.14:33; Mt.28:9).
- Jesus as God, is prayed to (Acts 7:59; 1 Cor.1:1-2).
- Jesus was called God (John 20:28; Heb.1:8).
- Jesus was called the Son of God (Mt.14:33; Mt.27:54; Mk. 1:1; Mk.3:11; Mk.15:39; Luke 1:35; Lu.4:41; Lu.8:28; John 1:34,49; Jn.3:18; Jn.5:25; Jn.11:27; Jn.20:31; Acts 8:37; Ac.9:20; Heb.10:29; 1 John 5:5,10,12,13,20; Rev.2:18).
- Jesus was sinless (Isa.53:9; 2 Cor.5:21; 1 Peter 2:22; 1 John 3:5; Heb. 4:15; Heb.7:26).
- Jesus knew all things (Isa.45:21; Isa.46:10; Isa.48:3,5; Isa.66:18; Eze.11:5; Dan.2:22; Luke 5:22; John 21:17).
- Jesus gives eternal life (John 3:15-18, 36; Jn.5:24; Jn.8:24; Jn.14:6; Jn.11:26; Jn.17:2-3; Jn.20:31; 1 John 5:12).
- The fullness of deity dwells in Jesus (John 1:18; Jn.10:30,38; Jn.12:45; Jn.14:1-11; Col.2:9).
Jesus as Man
- Jesus worshipped the Father (John 17).
- Jesus prayed to the Father (John 17:1).
- Jesus was called Man (John 19:5; Mark 15:39).
- Jesus was called the Son of Man (Mt.8:20; Mt.9:6; Mt.13:41; Acts 7:56; Rev.1:13; Rev.14:14; a total of 84 times in the NT).
- Jesus was tempted (Mat.4:1) A difference between being tempted and giving in to temptation.
- Jesus grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52).
- Jesus died (Mat.27:34-53; Mark 15:23-38; Luke 23:27-49; John 19:16-30; Rom.5:8).
- Jesus has a Body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39; John 20:24-28). Jesus is God!
IF Jesus is God, then WHY did He
have to be baptized?
If baptism was a sign of repentance from sin, WHY did Jesus ask to be baptized, since the Bible says He had NO sin?
- (1) Jesus’ baptism was one step in fulfilling His earthly mission of identifying with our humanity and sin;
- (2) by supporting the ritual of baptism, Jesus was giving us an example to follow;
- (3) Jesus was announcing the beginning of His public ministry;
- (4) Jesus was being baptized for the sins of the nation. The Holy Spirit’s appearance in the form of a dove showed that God’s plan for salvation was centered in Jesus. Jesus was the perfect human who didn’t need baptism for repentance, but He was baptized on our behalf.
IF Jesus is God, then WHY did He say that the Father was greater than He was?
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. (KJV) Jesus' Words. This too is about the doctrine of the TWO natures of Jesus. Jesus as God, is equal to/with God the Father; but Jesus the Man holds a lower position (Heb.2:9). Philip. 2:6-8 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (KJV) Some versions say that Jesus “emptied Himself” (verse 7) by taking on the form of a servant. “Emptied Himself” of what??? When Jesus came to Earth as Man, He laid aside His deity temporarily. He did NOT have to leave the glory of Heaven! He did that because of His great love for us and His obedience to His Father. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV) Jesus' Words. God the Father loved us so much that He gave us His only begotten Son. Jesus, the Son, loved us so much that He came to die for us. More on the incarnation of Jesus is found in: John 1:1-14; Rom.1:2-5; Gal.4:4; 2 Cor. 8:9; 1 Tim. 3:16; Heb.2:14; 10:5; 1 John 1:1-3. Jesus is God!
IF Jesus is God, then WHY did He pray?
And to Whom did He pray?
Again, back to the doctrine of the TWO natures of Jesus, plus understanding the doctrine of the Trinity. The Trinity is the teaching that ONE God exists in three distinct Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each is a completely separate Person, but each of them in their own nature is God. Christians do NOT worship three gods, as some cults insist. The best way that I can describe our unique Triune God is this: an apple consists of three elements . . . the peel, the flesh and the seeds. Yet it is NOT three apples, but ONE apple. The same can be said of an egg. An egg consists of: the shell, the white and the yolk. Three entirely different elements, but just ONE egg!
Our Triune God is THREE different Persons, each with their own specific duties working salvation in our lives (Eph.1:3-14). The Father planned salvation; the Son paid for our salvation; and the Holy Spirit applies salvation to our lives. Three Persons, but they ALL share the SAME nature. They are in complete harmony and agreement in ALL things. Jesus is God in the flesh (John 1:1,14). Col. 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (KJV) For Scriptures about Jesus as Man and
Jesus as God, and why He prayed and to whom, see above: Jesus as God and Jesus as Man.
If Jesus is God, WHY didn’t He know the time of His Return?
Matthew 24:36-37 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (KJV) Jesus' Words. But of that day and hour knoweth no man. Jesus was a Man on Earth. IF Jesus is God in the flesh, WHY doesn’t He know when He shall return? Doesn’t God know everything? So, since Jesus does not know the time of His Return, then He cannot be God. This is what cultists say. Again, back to the doctrine of the TWO natures of Jesus. When Jesus spoke the above words, He was a Man (a human) living on the Earth. He had set aside His deity (emptied Himself), to become a servant. See Philip. 2:6-8 above. Since Jesus was a Man upon the Earth, He had limitations, like any human being. He did not know everything. Whoa! Wait a minute! What about the Passages that claim Jesus’ omniscience like John 21:17; Luke 5:22? Isn’t this a contradiction? No, it is not. I think verses like this one helps us to better understand. Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man. (KJV) This was stated of Jesus BEFORE His crucifixion.
John 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. (KJV) Jesus' Words. This took place AFTER Jesus’ death and resurrection. Jesus was still a Man, but He was different after He was resurrected. He had changed to a Man that could walk through walls (John 20:26). He could appear and disappear at will, which seems to be a normal ability of a resurrected and glorified man. Some day, all believers will know, for we too shall receive glorified bodies (1 Cor. 15:19-54; Phil. 3:21). Our Lord Jesus is so complex, it is nearly impossible to describe His awesomeness!
??IS JESUS GOD??
What The BIBLE Says!
??Is Jesus God??
Book . . . Is Jesus God?
Chapter 1, Verses Proving Jesus IS God
Chapter 2, Jesus Created the Universe
Chapter 3, Jesus IS God!
Chapter 4, Jesus, Everlasting Father
Chapter 5, Evil Spirits Confess Jesus' Divinity
Chapter 6, Jesus' Anointing
Chapter 7, Christ Jesus, Sinless!
Chapter 8, God the Father, As A Witness!
Chapter 9, Jesus, Almighty Judge!
Chapter 10, Theophanies in Scriptures
Chapter 11, What People Say!
Chapter 12, Prophecies About Jesus!
Chapter 13, ~When We see Him!~
Salvation ONLY in Jesus!
Other Web sites that say: Jesus IS God: